Monday, January 9, 2012

It's Monday! You know what that means...you get to hear me rambling ;)

This weekend was a pretty uneventful weekend. I met up with my wonderful Black Girls Run group on saturday and had a mostly great 5.7 mile run. 

The run started off awesome. I went into it worried that I would be in pain or not able to sustain a long run because I had not ran in 2+ weeks. But I started and it was great! I started to lose energy towards the end of the run, but it energized me and made me happy that it was so effortless. I also got to run with a new girl. It was funny because I was chatting it up with her while we were running. About a mile in, she looks at me and says, "I really can't run and talk at the same time" lol. Sorry. So I shut up and just supported her when she wanted to stop. Eventually, she joined a group of walkers and I took off ahead of them. I ran mostly alone, but that's ok. I felt the presence of the group, but got the rejuvenation of alone/thinking time. 

On the way home from the run, I got a massive headache. By the time I got home, and cleaned alittle, the headache turned into a full on headache, throat-ache, sneeze fest. Needless to say, I got in bed and didn't get out until yesterday afternoon. I had to skip my planned hills workout, because I was so sick. Dr. Mom dx'd me with having an allergy attack and gave me some benedryl. I feel about 85% better.

This morning, I set my alarm to go out for a few miles of sprints...but I woke up and heard a lot of thundering and lightening. I cut my alarm off and when I woke up the second time, I saw this:


It got worse as I was about to leave for work. There is a tornado watch, so I'm home until it clears up. Score! I needed a day of rest/relaxation. I hate missing work, though. :(

>>>I meant to finish writing this earlier, but I completely forgot <<<

This afternoon, I was able to do a little bit of work. The roads were really bad, so I tried to stay safe!

I also went to the gym for an hr and a half of body pump and intervals. The intervals before body pump was a mixed blessing. I was done by the end of body pump. 

Also, as a bonus, I got to see Lamar pumping iron lol. He didn't see me at first, but he made sure to come by and scope me out in class. I sent him a nice, "stop stalking me" text after class. Lol...

Alright...spin is at 5:30am, so I'm turning in early. 

No comments: