Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wordful Wednesday

I hate when I have long absences from blogging. I had a really good blog idea for last wednesday, too. I was going to list 10 things I love about myself in honor of Valentine's Day being over. Since, it's wednesday, albeit a week later, I will still list them:

1. I love my hair! I stopped relaxing/perming my hair about 3 or 4 years ago and every time I wash my hair, I LOVE the feel of it. I love the thick, soft, luscious curls.

2. I love the fact that I am independent. Sometimes I am TOO independent, but I like that I when set my mind to doing something, it gets done.

3. I love that I have passion.

4. I love my car. (random, right?)

5. I love my complexion, eye color and hair color combo. They are all different shades of brown. I love how they play off of each other.

6. I love that I am not afraid to grow. Over the last few years, I have made several changes in my life--some hurt, some felt good. However, I persisted through them and now I feel I am on the other side.

7. I am turning 30 in a few months. While, I am not THRILLED to be 30...I am thrilled that I got a lot done in my 20s. I am also thrilled that I am entering the 30s as a mature individual.

8. I love that I don't settle. At times, I wish I could just settle...life would be 'easier', right? But I love that I know what I want, and I am not afraid to go after it.

9. I love that I am selfish. A few years ago, my mom told me, "I have always admired how selfish you are"...my immediate thought was, "I am NOT selfish." However, what she meant was, I put my needs first. While, that's not always a good thing. It's a healthy thing. In the work I do, I see a lot of people who put everyone before them. They are left shells of themselves. I spend a lot of time trying to get people to figure out what makes THEM happy/content. Of course, I am not totally selfish. But, I do and will always have my back ;)

10. I love that I forgive myself when I make mistakes.

Ok, I needed that last week more than this week, but it felt good to get that out. We can all use a little self love, right?

Now on to new stuff-

Last week I was MIA, because I was sick--boo. I woke up Wednesday morning with a sore throat, a cough, and general yuckiness. Despite being sick, I stuck to my workout plan and went to work. I did have one bad day of eating, but it's ok, it was one day...

Saturday I did not do my long run due to the weather. I went to spin + 3.5 miles on the TM. After this, I spent most of the day in bed.

Sunday I did not go to Yoga, because my head hurt just lifting it up. I did spend a few hours cleaning my 'new' house. The kitchen is almost spotless.

Sunday-Tuesday the sickness came to a head. I even went to the doctor on monday. Apparently the doctor saw no infection. He just thought it was my sinuses. Soo...I am letting it run its course.

Monday evening I felt good enough to go to the gym. I did 5 miles of hills on the TM. It was tough, but felt so good!

My intention was to go to spin yesterday afternoon, but I didn't get to the gym in time. I was still feeling a little under the weather, so I took this as a sign to 'act' sick. I took a DOR.

This morning, after willing myself to stay in bed for about 10 mins, I got up and went to the gym for a 3.5 mile tempo run. Unfortunately, my body was not in the mood for a tempo run. I managed to do 2 miles at a tempo pace. The rest of the run was a huge mental battle within myself.

My eating continues to be a daily struggle. I have allowed myself to eat more sweets than I want in my diet, so I have to get ahold of that. Yesterday, I randomly bought a peanut butter egg. It happened so fast, that I didn't have enough time to stop the purchase. I have also been slacking about putting my sweets on my calendar. Everytime I see the calendar, I mean to update it, but I don't. I am going to do that tonight.

I have also been weighing in once a month. I think I am going to up that to once a week. I feel 'solid'. Clothes still fit, but I feel like I am bulking up. I am not sure why I feel this way, because my eating habits are pretty much the same as they always are...but, I like feeling light. I need to see where I am scale-wise more often. So back to once a week!

No comments: