Monday, February 13, 2012

Rainy Monday

It's rainy and nasty this morning. I was scheduled to run this morning, but I woke up with a terrible throat-ache and a pressure headache...and overcast skies—a recipe for extra laziness. I packed my bag to do something this evening, not sure if I will make it to Body Pump AND run or either/or. I am also developing an earache. ~insert whiney voice~ I don't wannnna be sick...waah!

This weekend was a good weekend:

Friday, I met some friends at Happy Hour at Truluck's. The drinks were amazing, the food was great, and the company was even better. It's always nice to connect with like-minded people.

My eating on Friday was not the best, though. I had a cupcake at the restaurant--so good! It was a carrot cupcake. It was so light and good. When I got home, I was on the phone, tipsy, and just grabbed some cookie dough. Not great!

I went to bed ambivalent about my 8 mile run on Saturday. I say, I was ambivalent because I didn't obsess about anything with the run. I just knew I had to meet my group on Saturday morning. I also saw that it would be FREEZING in the morning.

Saturday morning I woke up on time, got dressed in semi-warm clothes, had a PBnJ and coffee and headed to the park.

It was SO cold I did not want to get out of my car. I saw people start trickling in, so I made my way to the meeting place. Everyone was doing different mileages. I knew I wanted to get 8 miles in and I wanted to run them alone. Yes, I know, I should be more social...but, I need to embrace that I LIKE running alone. I was excited about this run because it was going to take me through a part of Houston I had only driven in. I was also a bit nervous about the run, because I had been having slight ankle pain.

After standing around and waiting for everyone to get there, we all decided it was too cold to stand and wait, so we started.

When I started, I told myself I'd stop at mile 1 and stretch if I needed to. I got to mile 1 and felt good, so I kept on. I stopped at mile 2, because my music stopped. I have begun listening to Pandora Radio while running and it can be fickle.

Miles 2-4 were through a terrain/area I had never been in. When I got to mile 2, there were two options--under the freeways through a bayou area or over the freeways through a park. Obviously, I chose the bayou area. It was SO nice under there. I ran through mud, uneven surfaces, etc. It was like a trail. Also, true to Houston form, one side was the nice bayou and trees and nature...the other side was mud, tractors and portapotties (they are expanding the trail). Houston is always revamping something, so it's normally like that all over the city.

Anyway, I got to mile 4, took half my box of raisins and kept going.

Miles 4-5 went by relatively fast.
Miles 5-7 went by incredibly slow.
Miles 7-8 was fast. I turned on Lil Wayne radio and pushed it. I told myself I needed angry music to get through that last mile. When I got to my car at mile 8, I sat, caught my breathe and decided to walk another mile. That last mile felt so good!

Anyway, overall good run. I am glad it's behind me. I have 9 miles scheduled for this weekend and only 5 weeks until my half.

The rest of the weekend was good. I went to a Modern Dance performance at the University of Houston on Saturday night.

Sunday I went to Yoga.

After Friday’s snafu with food, and a stern lecture to myself, the rest of the weekend went well, as far as eating is concerned.

I am in the process of getting a house ready to move in. We had been having issues with getting in touch with the contractors who were hired to get the house move-in ready. There is some water damaged parts of the house that must be repaired. I went to the house this morning to drop some stuff off and thank goodness, they have started repairing those areas. I got the water turned on. Hopefully, I can go over this weekend and clean out the kitchen. Let's hope I can get move in within the next month!!

Ok, this is very long and rambly. Have a good Monday!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Rock on sister. Way to do a run when everything is against you. Same thing for my ride on Saturday morning. I looked for every reason not to go and ended up being glad I went. :)