Monday, February 6, 2012

A weekend review of sorts, a new week starts, and thoughts

I will start with a weekend review:

-I used 3 of my 6 'sweets' days this weekend. Yes, Friday, Saturday AND Sunday I got into the cookies. Not good. However, I am committed to only having 6 days of eating sweets this month. I have three more days and I need to use those wisely.

-I did not get my long run in this weekend. Saturday morning I woke up to thunderstorms and lightening. I am not a fan of the TM, so I went to spin. Spin was difficult and a great replacement. I loved the variety. I half want to start doing spin every other weekend (and moving my long run to a different day). It was so nice to break it up.

-I am not happy with my eating this weekend. I am wondering if it's hormonal or what...but yesterday, I just snacked my way into a full-on binge. I am going to have to review my out of control days to see if there is a pattern of behavior.

-I went to yoga class for the first time in forever yesterday. It was such a great class! I must make it every Sunday. It was more of a restorative class than a venyasa flow. I needed the meditative piece of restorative yoga.

Other than my eating snafus, I had a good weekend--Low key, but good.

Yesterday marked a start to a new week, since I didn't stick to my planned workout schedule like I needed to last week, I decided to go ahead and mark my workouts on my calendar. I will just check "done" or "not done" at the end of the day.

My plan for today is 6 miles + body pump. So far, I've done 5.5 miles. Still have .5 and BP. Those two are looking like they will go according to plan. My legs are slightly sore from this morning's run...but it will be ok.

Thoughts:

I am SO tired. Not sure why I am so sleepy. I woke up this morning around 6:45 for my run, but that's not crazy early for me. I need a cup of coffee!

My run this morning was a good one. While I was running, I was trying to decide if I'd label the run as 'good', 'bad', or 'horrible'. I think I will go with good. I picked up speed when I had energy, I held back when I didn't. Overall, I feel like I put up a good effort. I also sprint/walked the last mile. That's always a victory for me. I always hate sprinting!

I really need to learn coping skills while in the midst of a binge. Last night, I subconsciously allowed myself to have the binge. But I'd really like to STOP it. I do know one of my issues yesterday was that I didn't eat a proper lunch. I was cleaning and doing other stuff, so I ate lunch standing. I need to not do that. When I eat lunch like this, I never feel 'full'...so I chase the full feeling until it's a lot and then I say whatever.

I think that's all for now!

No comments: