Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ok, the jig is up!

One of my goals for the new year was to not diet. I have been struggling with that goal, because it's just something that I have always done. I have not 'dieted' since setting that goal, just ate normally. However, like I said yesterday, I feel 'solid'.

I went to the doctor on Monday and the number on the scale shocked me. It was 10 pds up from the weight I was at the beginning of the month. The poor LVN talked me off the ledge and gave me some excuses--it's water weight, it's almost noon time, etc. I allowed myself to be comforted.

Tuesday the pants I wore to work were just a little bit more 'fitted' than normal. I may or may not have also changed out of the original pair I put on.

Wednesday the pants I wore to work with a bit 'fitted', also.

This morning, before I could talk myself out of it, I hopped on the scale.

The verdict:
I am 6 pds higher than I was at the beginning of the month.

Now it could be many things:
~I started BCP a few weeks ago.
~I've been sick
~I've not been drinking enough water
~etc
~excuse
~etc
~excuse
~etc

Needless to say, I will be dieting for a bit. I resigned into My Fitness Pal, I updated my weight and journalled breakfast and lunch. I even measured out my coffee creamer.

Operation lose 6 pds is in full effect!

I also went to spin at lunchtime. That was prearranged. The class was TOUGH, but I made it through even though like half the class left before the end. I always feel hardcore when people leave mid-class.

I also saw the lovely Lamar ;) (If you have not been reading my blog long, he is a personal trainer at the gym that I have the hots for) He was training a group when I came in, but he was working out alone when I left. I took that as my opportunity to 'stalk' him like he does to me while I am in body pump. LOL. He started laughing and we chatted for a bit.

Like a friend of mine said, he is not marriage material--he has children. But he is definitely nice to look at!

Happy Thursday!!

No comments: