Monday, April 30, 2012

Reasons 4, 5, 6, 7, AND 8 why I want to lose weight, the move that never ends update and the race report that I didn't run

Holy shit that's a long title.

First, Reasons 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 why I need to lose weight. I bet people thought I forgot. Nope, didn't forget. I've just been crazy busy NOT moving. ;)

Reason 4: To stay healthy. My sister who is overweight has high blood pressure. She had a scare last week with crazy HBP. That scares me and made me realize that I need to stay the course!

Reason 5: I love to move. I want to KEEP moving. I need to stay at a weight where I CAN move and be comfortable. In spin on friday, I felt so good, strong and powerful. At one point, I looked in the mirror while spinning hard and smiled at myself and thought "this is AMAZING, I love that I can move my body"

Reason 6: I love when people say "you are the smallest one in the group, so you can do A, B, C." Yes, I come from a family of 'big boned' people, so being 'the smallest one in the group', IS relative...but hey!

Reason 7: I want to continue to lose, because I love going to a party and not worrying about being the heaviest one there or caring what I eat in front of people. I went to a housewarming on saturday. I ate a piece of cake while there, and didn't have one thought about people thinking that I was too fat for cake. I also didn't even do a room scan to see who else was heavy. All fat people do this so let's not deny it ;)

Reason 8: I found some before pictures. I wanted to post them in this post, but they are on my phone...I'm on my computer...and my phone is losing batteries at only 11AM, so I need to conserve. Suffice to say, I was heavy in those pictures. They reminded me of how far I have come, and WHY I still do this after 12 years. I loved seeing those pictures.

I will try to do daily reasons. However, life sometimes gets in the way of blogging...

Second, the move that never happened...

Well, I was scheduled to move on Saturday. I reserved a Uhaul on friday, and was set to move saturday afternoon. My sister and her fiance were supposed to help. Saturday morning, they woke up and decided to go to the beach...so no help. Thanks, fam! My mom didn't want my dad and I to move alone, so she hired movers to move me this evening. Little did I know that I had a conflicting appointment...soo....it's happening tomorrow. TOMORROW!!!

Third, the 10k I never ran.

I was all hyped to go out and run this 10K. However, as the day wore on on friday...I was getting more and more worried about running 10K in the morning, moving in the afternoon, getting all my last minute stuff AND going to a housewarming in the evening. So the run was cut. I was relieved to sleep in on saturday and had a good day with my mom and little sister shopping...but,

I am slightly disappointed I didn't run. But it's ok! That's life...

My eating was not good saturday. I started the day with 2 hotdogs and chips...weird. I ended the day with cookie dough and a whole lotta junk in between.

Yesterday I woke up and was just done. I didn't eat too badly yesterday.

Today is a new day. I finish the 30 day Shred challenge this evening. Tomorrow I start Ripped in 30, and I will have to do 2 make up days for the Shred. We are also doing an elimination challenge. Basically, eliminating a trigger food. Of course, mine is refined sugar. I am just aiming for a month.

AND, Friday I turn 30!

No comments: