Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's Sunday and I need some structure...

For the last few months, I have just been coasting along. I have so much going on, I feel like my life is going at warp speed.

When life gets busy, the first thing to go by the wayside is diet. Exercise is fine...it's always the diet. It all starts with good intentions. I allow one treat, that leads to two, that leads to three...which then leads, to months long treats and me recommitting to myself when I feel gross.

Well, today is the end of that (for now--not ever. Life does get in the way, and that's ok, IMO. I think the key is knowing when to reign it in). I haven't been journalling at my fitness pal. I was going to get a notebook to write in, but I think I need some public embarrassment. I'm going to start taking pics and uploading them on the blog. I'm going to commit to doing this for a month. So from tomorrow (lol) until May 23rd, you will be seeing my repetitive meals, my slip ups and the good food.

I am in the midst of a 30 day Shred challenge. That ends on May 1st. The group and I will then start Ripped in 30 for the month. In addition to that, I will be training for a half that's on July 9th. That will either kill me or make me stronger for the marathon in November. My goal for that race is 2:45. I can do it, I just need to do it. I have a 10k on Saturday. I will do it in 1:15 or less. I'm aiming for 1:12, but I haven't run much at all this month, so I need to take that into consideration when setting my goal.Now that I've gotten that out, I feel better!

No comments: