Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I've been thinking a lot about this day.

I am new to this, so people would not know that I used to be very overweight--now I am just a little overweight. I still struggle with my weight, but not in a way that I used to. I have a pretty good handle on my eating and regular exercise.

Anyway, I belong to a few weight loss communities and I keep seeing "What is your plan for tomorrow?!"

My initial thought is, 'It's one day people!'

For a normal person who is not overweight, it IS one day. However, for a foodie it becomes a day of planning what to eat from sun-up to sun-down.

I remember when I started on my weight loss journey, I'd either plan for days like tomorrow (and normally fail at only eating my planned food) or I'd have an approved free for all. Thankfully as time goes by, I do not have the extremes anymore.

Here is my plan for tomorrow:

Run a Turkey Trot 10K tomorrow. I am making a goal of 1:15. However, that's pretty lofty to me. I feel safe putting this here, because no one reads this yet :P

Eat until I am satisfied! I can't wait to eat turkey and cornbread dressing!!

Wow, two entries in one day. Maybe online journaling will work out for me.

No comments: