Tuesday, November 29, 2011

100 mile goal, hot trainers, challenging myself...and feelings of bloat

I went to bed with intentions of getting up this morning and running 5 miles. However, this morning, my body said, "sleep"...so, I slept. Now I have 5-7 on tap for this evening. I really should just do 5 and call my crazy goal of 100 miles in November a wash, but the competitive side of me wants to go for it. I will see. I brought along my running clothes, and will go after work. I am also checking out a new park. I am SO sick of my same old running routes. I will be running in Tom Bass park, which is known for housing snakes. Let's hope I don't run into any of those critters.

I went to the gym last night in an effort to try to keep my 100 mile challenge goal AND men watch. I did the elliptical for 30 mins/3 miles and then went to Body Pump. I only go to Body Pump for two reasons:

-The women in the class have bangin' bodies.
-I have a HUGE crush on a trainer. (He doesn't teach Body Pump, but he is in the building at the same time AS body pump)

With that said, when I walked into the gym yesterday, I felt my heart sink a little and my breathing get faster. I wondered to myself if I was allergic to the gym. It ALWAYS happens when I walk into the gym. I realized that it's probably just me having a crush on the trainer ;)

I did my 30 mins on the elliptical with no cute-trainer sightings. However, while in class, I saw him coming to the floor. He looked into the class and then comes around to my side and stands and watches the class. OF COURSE, my immediate thought is, "he is watching me!!" It was a very distracting few moments. ~fans self~

(I fully realize his staring into the class is a tad weird...but hey, I like weird)

Ok, back to the 100 mile goal in November. I started this goal with myself at the beginning of November, because I wanted to increase my mileage. I allowed myself to use miles from runing, walking, elliptical and biking. I only run and do the elliptical on a regular basis, so those are where my 83 miles have come from.

On the way to work this morning, I thought about the possibility of a yearly goal. I was thinking 1000/yr is a doable goal, but when I thought about publicizing the goal and actually doing it, I got all panicky. Why do I fear challenging myself?

I have noticed with my running, that I typically fall into a leisurely pace. I also do this with workouts, I will get used to something and only do that. I need to work on challenging myself to step out of my comfort zone.

So, with that said, it's probably a good idea to just go ahead and say in 2012 my miles goal will be 1000 for the year.

I have also been thinking a lot about the NYC marathon today. It's such a goal of mine. However, I just can't see myself running a FULL marathon. It just seems like it's such a LOOOONG race.

Also, I am so bloated today!!! Bleh.

No comments: