Sunday, November 27, 2011

Inspiration Sunday

Since getting my iPhone, I like to save quotes/pictures/inspirational messages on my lock screen. There are times when I have to remind myself that I am doing my best. 

For the last few weeks, I've had this picture:





It says, "Running is the metaphor for life; there is always someone faster than you, always someone slower. All you can do is hang in there and put your heart into it"

I have had this picture up for about 2 weeks. I chose it on one dark day when I was feeling down about my running. 

I have always been a slow runner; I have periods of time when I have tried to speed up. This is one of those times.  When I chose this pic, I probably had a day of seeing 13:xx on my Garmin and probably was beating myself up. 

This picture reminds me that:

1. No matter my place in life and running, there is always someone worse and better than me. 

2. As long as I'm giving my best, it should be good enough. We all know WE are our worst critics. However, this is a very important lesson for me to learn. I'm working on it! I once read a statement that said, "the only person to measure yourself against is yourself." I use this statement a lot in my work, but like most people, I seem to want to hold myself to another person's standards. Not good, Nichelle! 

3. Perfectionism in life is not worth it.

So with that said, I am going to go into this week with a plan for my diet and exercise, but I am going to "DO MY BEST" and work at forgiving myself. 

I woke up this morning and went grocery shopping. I got food that should set me up for success. Lots of fruits and vegetables. No treats. 

I have four weeks until I have to really put my goal of no refined sugars into effect, so I will be weaning myself down. I got half n half to cut my coffee creamer with. I also got agave nectar to use in place of the sugary stuff. 

I will stick to my current plan of working out:

Monday- group run at 6 am and body pump
Tuesday - group run or by myself
Wednesday - elliptical and athletic training
Thursday- tempo run!
Friday-wild card day. Sometimes I work out, sometimes I rest. I normally decide how I feel on that day.
Saturday-long run
Sunday-REST!

So far this week is off to a stellar start. I had 1/2 cup of fage yogurt, 1/4 cup of coconut flakes, walnuts, and blackberries for breakfast. I couldn't find the unsweetened coconut, but the sweetened gave it just enough sweetness to not need to add anything. It was really good! 

No comments: