Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Goals that I am actually sticking to!

I am so good at settings goals for myself...

My issue is sticking to them. I think I set the bar too high and then I get discouraged.

Last month, I completed a 30 Day Shred Challenge. I am SO proud of myself for completing the challenge. I did miss 2 days (that I will make up). While doing this challenge, I made Shredding my priority. So while I Shredded daily, I did not keep up with 3 runs a week or weekly spin.

I also didn't stick to any diet plan--unless, you want to count the 'eat whatever you want' or 'eat sugar until you want to puke' a diet..

This month, I have goals. I am turning 30 on friday. I hear people in their 30's actually have goals and want to do stuff with their lives...

So for the month of May, I will...

1. Do Ripped in 30 5 days a week. Thank Goodness our drill sergeant leader decided to allow 2 days of rest.

2. Crosstrain 3x a week. I WILL! I will either spin 2 days a week and run or run 2 days a week and spin. I am not putting a real perimeter on this. I just need the cardio+strength mix. I THINK I am bailing on the idea of a half in July. I think that may be a little crazy to do in TX heat. I will be running a 10 mile in October and the Marathon in November.

3. No sugar for 30 days. I am giving myself 6 passes. My birthday IS friday and while I am not doing anything special, I will have cake. I am also having a party for a group of boys I have been working with all year. The boys want cake! I will also have wine tonight...

I think that's enough for my commitment-phobe self.

No comments: