Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hi, ho back to Weight Watchers I go!

I have been trying to do this on my own for about 2 years now. I do well, get off plan, gain, get back on a plan, lose, get off, gain, etc. Before I moved back to Houston, I would always go back to weight watchers when I had a gain. Since moving back, I haven't found a meeting I like, so I haven't rejoined. Well, after some thought, I am rejoining.

Yesterday I wore a pair of capris that I have had for several years. They were tight! Tight to the point of my not being comfortable in them.

Today I am wearing a pair of jeans that have always been loose on me. They are tight.

Something has to change.

Soo...I am going back to weight watchers. My ole faithful. I started losing weight and lost most of my 100 pds with weight watchers, so it's like going home, actually.

I am actually looking forward to weighing, the anticipation of a loss, the disappointment of a maintain or gain, the accountability, paying those people my 40/mo, etc.

I am a dork, I know. However, losing weight is all I know...so I am sort of looking forward to being accountable again.

Another side of me is angry that I can exercise 5-6 times a week, eat reasonably well (too much sugar, sure) and gain. I mean, I don't eat fast food, I don't drink sugared drinks, I rarely eat candy or chips, etc...but I still gain. That makes me a tad bit angry, but it's life. Accepting that I will always have to watch my weight and what enters my body is the hardest part of this journey.

No comments: