Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy National Run Day!




Sorry I've been MIA the last few days...ok, few weeks. I've been busy at work, and I don't like blogging from my iPad at home. I need to get a computer at home. When I do, watch out!

In the meantime, it's National Running Day!!

I started the day off with a nice, fast (for me) 3 mile run. It was awesome. I got a little gastric distress towards the end, so I ended the run right AT 3 miles. I got a new pair of shoes, which helped the awesome-ness of this run.


Oh, happy day...I needed a good run.

I decided to write 5 reasons why I like to run in honor of National Running Day. On the way to work, I told myself I'd right 25 reasons...but as I was thinking about the reasons, I only came up with 5. So...

1. I run for fitness. Running for fitness goes without saying, but I thought I would mention it. I run because it keeps me fit and healthy.

2. I run for my sanity. I have a very high stress job...well, when I started running, I HAD a high stress job. I left that job, and while my job is low stress, it takes a lot out of me emotionally. I run as my me time. I am therapist by day, so I give a lot of myself to others. I take on a lot of other's problems. I need an outlet for my own problems--running fits that bill. When I run, I can daydream, I can service plan, I can plan weddings, I can plan to take over the world, I can plan a family, I can plan so much and it is always done perfectly and on point in my 'rundreams.' I feel refreshed and sane when I finish a run.

3. I run to lift my booty and reduce the size of my legs. I have a large lower body. My butt and legs are ONLY reduced by running. I've tried to stop running and do other stuff, but my butt and legs come back with a vengeance. So...I run to keep them in check.

4. I run to attain new physical goals.

5. I run to brag. 'nuff said about that.

Notice I didn't say "I run to eat"...many people say this, and it makes me roll my eyes. I gain weight when I run and eat what I want. I think running to eat is a bit of a myth ;)

Happy Running Day!!!

Get your run on!

No comments: