Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Umm...where have I been?

I sat down to do a blog post last week. I actually started it and got half way through it, but just decided to stop writing. I felt like I was recapping my week and it was boring ME!

I have spent this time trying to figure out why I blog and what is the point?

I started this blog to write down my eats, random thoughts, and my running journey. But then, I think sometimes that gets boring. I read several blogs and everyone seems so with it and smart. They all sort of read like an episode of Full House. Start with tragedy, end with hugs and resolutions of better days.

What's my point? Not really sure...

But I realized, I do like blogging and writing my thoughts. I guess I need to not think about boring others, and realize that this is an outlet that I need to use.

So, here goes...

Since I last blogged, I have:

-Lost the 6 pds I gained, and lost an extra 3 pds. But then I went out of town this weekend, and gained back the 3+1.
-Had an awesome last long run before my half marathon on saturday!
-Painted the kitchen at the new place. I am still working on it, but it's almost complete. It will take a day or two more of work.
-Realized that men ARE necessary. See above.
-Have done really well with my eating.
-Eaten too much sugar. Oops..
-Decided that I AM doing the Disney marathon, if I don't get into NYC. (Please NYC, pick me! Pick me!!)
-Went to a concert. John Legend at the Rodeo. Hmm...the jury is still out on his concert. I wasn't impressed.
-Went on a girl's weekend trip with my family. No fussing or fighting. Win for us!

What's coming up:

-More painting!! Joy! I am also installing a backsplash into the kitchen. I am doing a mosaic backsplash. I am super excited, and super nervous that it will end up looking like DIY project.
-I am running my second half marathon on saturday, in DC!! Get EXCITED!!! I am :) I also realized all of my running tights are dirty. Guess I will have to do laundry!!
-Going to DC! I get to spend the weekend with my best single girlfriend, plus several other friends

So, as you guys can see, I have a lot going on. When I have a lot going on, I tend to get overwhelmed and shut down. It's a horrible habit, I am trying to break it...

I had to force myself to write this post.

I will now force myself to get my thoughts out, instead of allowing them to invade my head.

Sorry, in advance :)

No comments: